The Star Online

By M. KUMAR

KUALA LUMPUR: The 3,000 residents within a kilometre of the Bukit Antarabangsa landslide site have left their homes after their homes were deemed to be in danger of further landslides due to earth movements.

Selangor police chief DCP Datuk Khalid Abu Bakar said that, although some had refused to leave on Sunday, everyone in the danger area had been persuaded to leave by Monday.

DCP Khalid also dismissed rumours of houses being broken into and looting in the area. He said that, so far, only one report had been lodged about a missing watch.

“Police are guarding the area day and night. There’s no truth in it, so please stop speculating,” he said on Sunday.

Meanwhile, he said that police would escort homeowners who might wish to go back into their homes to retrieve their valuables

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/12/8/nation/20081208112151&sec=nation

Advertisements