BY BAVANI M, Star MetroCentral, Friday September 26, 2008
http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2008/9/26/central/2110286&sec=central

THE Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) has extended the public hearing of the Draft City Plan from Oct 31 to June 2009.

Mayor Datuk Ab Hakim Borhan who made this announcement at the meet-the-press session on Wednesday said this was due to the overwhelming response from the public and that the Public Opinion Hearing Committee (POHC) needs more time to look into complaints with regards to the plan.

“So far the number of objections and views received has reached 5,147 as there was a surge particularly towards the last four days of the deadline,” he said.

Out of that number a total of 3,844 objections were received via the PA1 form while the balance were in the form of letters, e-mails, memorandum, and reports.

A total of 961 objections were made by groups while 4,186 were from individuals.

The mayor said that 3,974 have requested to be present at the hearing while 1,174 said they would not be present.

The committee have since heard 22 objections since Sept 4.

Meanwhile the mayor said that new Datuk Keramat market in Kampung Datuk Keramat will be fully operational by the end of the year. All piping, electricity and sewerage system will be up by October and traders will be able to move in by November.

Advertisements